Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Along the Pacific Coast" ©


Over the last few weeks I painted twice in the area of Carmel, California.  Part of that time was during the Carmel Art Festival, which hosts a plein air competition for four days.  60 artists have two days to paint and two days for the judging, auction and final show.  It's not an event for sissy's.  While painting, I plowed though rain, fog, wind and a dog using my back pack for a fire hydrant.  One time while painting my water bottle started whistling in the wind and I knew it was more then just a little windy.  It's such a beautiful area, the light shifting, clouds drifting that you really don't care about the adverse conditions.  Every moment is a surprise, as the ocean changes from dull gray to brilliant turquoise.  

Oil on Canvas, 18" X 24"

No comments:

Site Meter